Okpal Cookies Policy
Cookies and similar technologies are used on the Okpal website.
Cookies are files saved and stored on your device (smartphone, tablet, computer, etc.), subject to your preferences, by Okpal and third parties when you browse one of our websites or third-party websites and applications. Other similar technology, such as "pixels" and "tags", may also be used on our sites.
The term cookies should, under the terms of the present cookies policy, be understood in the wider sense as covering all cookies and other trackers saved and/or read, for example, during visits to a website, or during the installation and use of software or mobile applications.
What are the cookies on our sites used for?
The cookies we use on our sites are used to recognize the internet user's device when they visit one of our websites in order to:
- adapt the presentation of our sites to the display preferences of your device (resolution, OS used, etc.) or to language and currency preferences during visits based on the visualization and reading software and equipment used on your device, or your geographic zone;
- enable you to access restricted and private areas on our sites, such as your user account, based on the information you have provided us with if you have created an account (from which you can access personalized content or content designed only for your use) and to stay logged in to these areas;
- memorize information related to a form you have filled in on one of our sites;
- create statistics and measure volumes of traffic on and use of our sites:
- implement security measures (for example, to ask you to log in again after a certain amount of inactivity on one of our sites);
- if you have created a Okpal account, to identify you on our websites and collect information to get to know you better based on your browsing behaviour and use of our sites;
- adapt our advertising campaigns and any advertising or promotional emails that might be sent to you by Okpal to your interests (deduced from your browsing activities on our website).
The table below describes the purpose of each cookie.
What cookies are used by third-parties on our sites?
Some cookies saved and/or read on our websites are issued by third parties. The latter can then access and read the information contained in these cookies.
Cookies issued by third parties enable visitors to our site to share content, using, for example Facebook's "Share" and "Like" buttons, "Twitter" and "LinkedIn" buttons, etc. Third parties that provide one of these applications may be able to identify you through their applications and their own cookies, even if you have not used these applications whilst browsing our sites, simply because you have an account open on your device with the third party in question. We have no control over the processes employed by these third parties to collect this information and recommend you consult their individual privacy policies.
To find out more about the cookies used by some of these third parties, you can view their cookies policies which can be found on the following pages:
- for Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
- for LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy
- for Twitter : https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-cookies
What is the advantage of seeing and receiving Okpal advertising content based on your interests?
You would probably prefer to see and receive offers for products and services that correspond to your interests rather than ones that are of no interest to you.
Our aim is to show and send you the most relevant advertising material and communications possible. To this end, cookies technology enables us to determine in real time which content should be displayed on a device or sent to an individual, based on the information we hold about the device and recipient.
If your device is used by more than one person or if more than one browser is used on the same device, we cannot ensure that the advertising content for your device or which is sent to you by email corresponds to your own use of this device and not that of another user. You are wholly responsible for deciding whether or not to share use of your device with others and for browser settings regarding cookies.
What data is used to adapt the advertising displayed on your device to your interests?
We may, subject to your preferences, associate browsing information related to your device, processed by the cookies we use, with the information we lawfully hold about you, in order to send you Okpal advertising or promotional emails, for example, or to display Okpal advertising content on your device that is adapted to your interests.
You can, at any time, ask to no longer receive advertising or promotional emails adapted to your interests by contacting us directly and free-of-charge at or by using the "unsubscribe" link found in all promotional and advertising emails.
You can, at any moment, ask to no longer see advertising content adapted to your interests by disabling the use of these cookies (see below for information on how to disable cookies).
By continuing to browse any other pages on our websites, you consent to the use of these cookies on these sites.
If you agree to the storage and reading of cookies on your device, the cookies integrated into the pages and content you have viewed may be stored temporarily in a dedicated area of your device. Only the issuer of these cookies will be able to read them.
If you do not agree to this storage or reading, or if you delete the cookies stored on your device, this may affect the normal functioning of our sites. This may be the case when you try to access your account, which requires us being able to identify you and enable you to stay logged in whilst navigating between pages. This may also be the case if we or our service providers are unable to identify, for the purposes of technical accounting, the type of browser used by your device, its language and display settings, or the country from which your device appears to be connected to the internet. Where applicable, we accept no responsibility for any consequences linked to the reduced functioning of our sites resulting from our inability to save or view cookies which you have disabled or deleted and which are required for their proper functioning.
With this in mind, you can at any moment express or modify your preferences regarding cookies using the methods described below.
1. Browser preferences
Your browser settings can be configured to disable the use of certain cookies or similar technologies.
You can configure your browser so that cookies are saved on your device or refused, either systematically or based on the issuer.
You can also configure your browser so that you are asked whether or not to accept cookies on a case by case basis, before any cookies can be saved on your device.
This setting can be configured at any moment.
The settings for each browser are different. Please see your browser's help menu to find out how to change your cookies preferences. For example, for the most well-known browsers, see:
- Internet Explorer™ : https://support.microsoft.com/en-nz/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Safari™ : https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
- Chrome™ : https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
- Firefox™ : https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Opera™ : https://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/
2. Alternative management tools
Some issuers of cookies offer you tools for managing their cookies. These are described in the table below.
Some internet tools can also help you manage the use of advertising cookies on and from your device, such as the website Your Online Choices (accessible from: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/fr/) or the NAI website (found at: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#/) or the website optout.aboutads.info.
For social media cookies, you can click on the following deactivation links which will save a cookie in your browser used only to neutralize the use of other cookies from a particular issuer.
Disabling these cookies will then prevent any interaction with the social media in question:
NB. Saving your preferences relies on the use of one or more specific cookies. If you delete all of the cookies saved on your device related to our website, we will no longer have access to your cookies preferences. This is equivalent to resetting your consent and you will need to refuse the cookies that you do not want to store again. Equally, if you use another internet browser, you will need to refuse these cookies again, as your preferences, like the cookies they are connected to, are specific to the browser and device (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) you use to browse our site.
To oppose the use of Google Analytics audience measurement cookies, you can use the tools found here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.